– Childwall Five Ways Auto Centre and AEC Prescot and Huyton Branch and forthcoming new garages are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
– This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is at Childwall Five Ways Auto Centre.
– Queens Drive, Liverpool, L15 6YB
Information we may collect from you
– We may collect and process the following data about you:
– Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.tyresonthedrive.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of utilising our service, subscribing to our newsletter, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Childwall Five Ways Auto Centre and AEC Prescot and Huyton Branch, and when you report a problem with our site;
– If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
– We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
– Details of transactions you carry out through our site and data necessary for the fulfilment of your orders including your name, email address, delivery address, credit/debit card number, security code and expiry date;
– Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own IP addresses.
– We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
– We collect information about our customers via server logs, cookies, order forms and competitions. A cookie is a file that your web browser places on your computer’s hard disk for record keeping purposes. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings. The cookie does not store any credit/debit card information or password details. For further information about the cookies that we use on this website (as well as an explanation as to why we use them and how they can be disabled) please see our Cookies section.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
– We use information held about you in the following ways:
– To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
– To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
– To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
– To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
– To notify you about changes to our service.
– If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale to you or which may be of interest to you.
– We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 100 women aged under the age of 25 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day).
Disclosure of your information
– We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group including any subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
– We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
– In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
– If Childwall Five Ways Auto Centre and AEC Prescot and Huyton Branch or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
– If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Childwall Five Ways Auto Centre and AEC Prescot and Huyton Branch, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
– You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
– Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
– The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE DISCOUNTS
Call Us Now0151 737 1520
Contact Us Now
Your local MOT and Service station, based at Childwall Fiveways
Childwall Fiveways Auto Centre, Queens Dr, Liverpool, L15 6YB